- 2 cups of dried beans (e.g. chickpea, pinto or black)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 table spoon of salt
- Black pepper
- 1/4 of an average size onion
- Water *Optional as far as how much water you want to use but use at least 2 cups of water per 1 cup of beans
- Pick through the beans, discarding any discolored or shriveled beans or any foreign matter.
- Rinse well.
- After the beans have been cleaned and rinsed put them in the pot that will be used with the pressure cooker.
- Add all the ingredients to the pot, garlic, salt, black pepper, onion and water.
- Close the lid and make sure the regulator knob is set to “PRESSURE”.
- Set timer on your pressure cooker for 45 minutes or press the “BEAN” preset adjust time to be 45 minutes.
- The pressure cooker will start to heat up and cooking cycle will start as soon as it has reached pressure temperature.
- After the cooking cycle is over let the pressure drop before you release the steam.